Re: page orientation problem when printing from pdf

Subject: Re: page orientation problem when printing from pdf
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:09:31 -0500

Amy,

Distiller uses a bit of wizardry to decide what the orientation of a page should be. It's not something you control in the source application. When it encounters a page with an image but no text, results are unpredictable, as you've discovered.

In Acrobat, use Document > Rotate Pages to fix the PDF file.

In the Print dialog (in Acrobat), click the Properties button. If you are using an updated Adobe PS driver for the printer, you should be able to find a setting for duplex printing that lets you specify whether to flip pages on the long edge or short edge.

HTH,

Dick

"Amy G. Peacock" wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I am trying to print a pdf (original file was created in pagemaker
>6.5) file and for some reason some of the pages are flipped - they
>should be landscape on screen but for some reason some of them are
>portrait. So when I print it out the pages (double sided) are
>basically upside down.

I have not specified anywhere to set a
>particular page to portrait vs. landscape (I don't even know if you
>cando that!) and so i don't know whyit is happening. Any ideas? These
>are pages that basically have a single image on them, that I may or
>may not have rotated to face sideways (in pagemaker).

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/