RE: Getting Started as an Independent Contractor

Subject: RE: Getting Started as an Independent Contractor
From: "Kevin Christy" <kevinchristy -at- socal -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:19:00 -0800

Brad said:

>>The idea that limits your income, no matter who you are and what
you do,

"I can't because".

Write down a list of 20 -I can't because- . Then write an answer,
no matter how lame at
first, of :

what I can do instead
why that statement is not completely true
how I can get around it
how I can do it a little bit differently
how I can step back and see the overall goal, and find another way
what this tells me about my self-image, and do I want to change
that

the one good thing about living in an area where the contracting
seems to be done this way, is that other people, your competitors,
will probably believe the same thing, and that makes it easier
pickings for you.

Serve the company in the middle of the pyramid. Make an effort to
find
them, and keep in contact. Go speak to Rotary and Kiwanis Clubs,
etc.<<

Good enough to print and stick in my Franklin. You gave me some thinking to
do today, so thanks!

Kevin

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!