Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:42:45 -0700

""Jane Carnall"" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com> wrote in message
news:002101c1daf6$b76dc940$15c8ff0a -at- digitalbridges -dot- sys -dot- -dot- -dot-

> John Posada wrote:
> |Somneone said they couldn't wait to see someone enter Other and the
> |reason.
> |I did and here's the reason.
> |I don't only do one thing. Some things I'm very competent. Other
> |things, I'm hanging on by my fingernails. I'm getting better, but I'm
> |learning.
>
> I did too, for the same reason... plus, I noted the date of the
question and
> figured "Other" was the only appropriate response! Who's going to
enter
> "incompetant" or "highly incompetant"? If this is a serious poll, I
have a
> panda egg, a spaghetti tree, and tickets to a penguin flight
exhibition to
> sell you.

You're probably right. The number of people who would admit to being
incompetent or highly incompetent are probably few and far between.

Mind you, someone who is willing to admit to being less than competent,
at least to themselves, and then do something about it may be the highly
competent tech writer of tomorrow.

--
John Fleming
Technical Communication Contractor/ SAS Programmer