Re: techwr-l digest: April 04, 2002

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: April 04, 2002
From: "Jan C. Wright" <jancw -at- wrightinformation -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:36:17 -0700

At 12:01 AM 4/5/02 -0700, you wrote:

I'm curious. Do conference speakers in other professions get free admission
into conferences?

Some do, some don't. The Amer. Society of Indexers gives you some money back if you speak, but you still pay. (Or you did the last time I spoke at one, I'm out-of-date.) ACM SIGDOC doesn't let you attend for free either. Winwriters treats their speakers very nicely -- I don't think they pay at all, and get an honorarium if they are "well known." Plus one year I know everyone who spoke got a free copy of RoboHELP, major benefit. Winwriters was one of the most technically-how-to-get-it-done conferences I have ever been to. How to get a tool to work, and what breaks the tool, as well as how-to-make-it-good sessions abound.

Jan

Wright Information Indexing Services
Jancw -at- wrightinformation -dot- com
www.wrightinformation.com