Tech. reviewers who copy edit

Subject: Tech. reviewers who copy edit
From: "David Downing" <DavidDowning -at- users -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:18:05 -0400

Anybody constantly have the experience of having someone agree to give
you a technical review, then copy editing your document in addition to
or instead of reviewing it? I've been thinking it's best not to
complain, lest you antagonize your reviewers and thus lead them to
decide they'll never give you another review, but it's problematic when
they copy edit instead of reviewing. How do other folks handle this?

We do have a sign-off sheet we routinely attach to documents to be
reviewed, making it clear what sort of feedback we want.