Re: Tech. reviewers who copy edit

Subject: Re: Tech. reviewers who copy edit
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:50:10 +0200

>Anybody constantly have the experience of having someone agree to give
>you a technical review, then copy editing your document in addition to
>or instead of reviewing it?

So far, this has not happened very much to me, and when it happened I did
not have a problem with it.

Part of why this is so may be that I never give source documents to
reviewers. They get something they can mark up (most often PDF or paper)
or they make their comments on special forms, but they never touch the
source files.

And do not forget that copy editing comments are not necessarily a
problem - some are actually on target and I happily incorporate them into
the document.

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 81 79 93 07 12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de
Handelsregister: München HRB 99345