RE: STC blackmail?

Subject: RE: STC blackmail?
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:43:36 -0500

My point was that they are apparently meeting the perceived needs of those who choose to remain members. Otherwise, they wouldn't remain. If the STC were to revamp itself to meet the narrowly-focused needs of Andrew, they would probably alienate many of those who are already members, just for the chance that they might persuade that other group to join or re-join.

FWIW, I would have absolutely no interest in attending a conference session on networking technology. I don't write about it, and when I have any problems with network connectivity I call the appropriate tech support people. I'm not authorized to work on that stuff here anyway because that's not my job.

How many people here would want to sit through a presentation on semiconductor fab manufacturing environment systems? Most of the writers at the same company I work for couldn't care less about that one, but that's one of the chief technologies I work with all the time.