RE: STC blackmail?

Subject: RE: STC blackmail?
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:49:25 -0500

One thing to consider about this thread: most of the people who are putting down the STC are non-members. Most of those who have identified themselves as being members have also been supportive of the organization. If you were a national officer of STC and had to decide between making the members happy or making non-members happy, which would you choose?

I'm not denying anybody perceptions of problems in the organization (though I do think that some of "problems" amount to a difference in peoples' vision of STC's role), but what I am saying is that attacking it from the outside is a lot less likely to cause any significant change than working from the inside to improve it would.