Re: Emphasising text techniques

Subject: Re: Emphasising text techniques
From: Michael Oboryshko <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 04:41:13 -0700 (PDT)

Try using styles instead of formatting (as much as I hate to
bring up that topic!). Tag it with content-meaningful style
names like "ScreenNames" and "ScreenElements." That way you can
change the style repeatedly until you get a look you like.

Personally I prefer that kind of text to be identical to the
body text, no extra formatting at all. Or try turning all those
words into links, and then your browser will format it.

Kirsty wrote:
> At the moment, we use bold type for screen names and
> screen elements. If there are words in the text that
> need to be emphasised, bold + italic is used. Most of
> the style sources that I have recommend *not* using
> italic on screen.
>
> The thoughts that we have come up with to avoid italics
> are either using a different font (potentially ugly and
> "wrong" looking) or colour (but there could be colour
< perception issues for users). We considered just using

http://taxes.yahoo.com/