Too many words?

Subject: Too many words?
From: "Christensen, Kent" <lkchris -at- sandia -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:59:53 -0600

The latest issue of Woody's Office watch contains a note that seems to me
significant to Tech Writers since it covers the notion of getting things
said efficiently. I'm only a user of Woody's and I'll copy the note here;
it comes from http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/archtemplate.asp?v7-n15

"(A little PowerPoint observation: I recently had a chance to talk with a
bunch of people who work in corporate planning at a major coffee retailer.
They've all but given up on Word. Practically everything they do is in
PowerPoint. Why? Because almost [all] of their work is destined to top
management - and the top managers don't want to waste their time on details.
They want facts, and they want'em boom-boom-boom right down the line, forget
the verbose tap dancing. It's an interesting approach, particularly because
the planners have put so much effort into setting up PowerPoint templates
that reach out and grab you by the eyeballs. I was mightily impressed.)"