Re: Goodbye TECHWR-L

Subject: Re: Goodbye TECHWR-L
From: "Martin Page" <mpage -at- csl -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:56:15 +0100

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I greatly value Andrew's well-put points.
Even when I don't think he's right, he articulates widely held opinions and
issues that we as professionals encounter in other people. He also has
shedloads of business and management experience - I for one have learned
much from his posts.
Andrew - thanks for your time and words. I would have de-lurked more often
to step in in your defence, except that the list isn't supposed to be a
place for e-duelling. I hope you'll find the time to put the odd opinion
pieces on your website

Best wishes

Martin Page

"Andrew Plato" <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote in message
news:150819 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> "Stephanie Pierre" <stefpierre -at- netscape -dot- net> wrote
>
> > -- You *do* ridicule people. All the time.
> > You bad-mouth nearly everybody, including
> > the poor sops who have to work for you.
>
> You know what Stephanie, you have the dubious honor of being the straw
that
> broke my back.
>
> I am too busy to deal with this crap any longer. This is a dream come true
for
> some of you. You got what you've always wanted. I am leaving the list.
>
> Now you're free to chat about the new fonts you'll use for your
internationally
> recognized methodology. How you're going to information mapping school and
its
> making you a better organizer of information you don't understand. You can
have
> long rambling threads about how STC is the greatest organization in the
world.
> And you won't have to fear me coming out and sniping at you.
>
> Since I've been here I've had my business, my life, and even my customers
> threatened by list members who just can't handle me disagreeing with them.
> I've had people from this list call me "fat-ass" "faggot" and even some
clever
> stuff like "menace to writing." All because I wouldn't agree with them.
>
> I need to stop this and and focus my life on things that really matter.
The