Re: Goodbye TECHWR-L

Subject: Re: Goodbye TECHWR-L
From: "Pegasus Writer" <pegasuswriter -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:43:11 -0500

Tom Murrell wrote, ?Most of what we argue about is NOT objective truth. Andrew was as full of it as anyone. He was also as smart as anyone. I'm sorry his ego got in the way of his ideas at times, because his ideas and perspective were worth reading. However, once he posted on a topic, generally, rational discussion of that topic soon ceased. Worse, he would then jump in with all sorts of wild statements in defense of the rightness of his position and the wrongness of every other position. He contributed to his own list burn-out. Like too many regular posters on this list, he had to be right. ?

I?m a lurker who truly values the information provided by this list, but I rarely post anything other than occasional questions to it. Sometimes I do respond to individuals, if I feel I can be of assistance. The reason? Tom?s sentiments expressed above. I have learned a great deal from many posters to this list, including Andrew, but debate is something I have neither the time for, nor the interest to pursue. A certain civility is also nice, but mainly, I just want ?the facts, ma?am.? To state the obvious, part of being a grown-up is realizing the value of not only other people?s opinions, but also that what works for me at my company won?t necessarily work for everyone. You don?t have to be ?right.? Offer advice, state an opinion, relate your experience, provide insight...but, be an adult, be professional. Before you post something, ask yourself if you'd be embarrassed if someone you knew and respected was looking over your shoulder. Now, back to work.

Best regards,
Peggy Lee