RE: SDLC and role of Tech.Writers

Subject: RE: SDLC and role of Tech.Writers
From: vijayaraghavan_g -at- vsnl -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:36:09 +0530 (IST)

Very pragmatic statement from Mike. I am new to this forum but not new to software development or manual preparation. I have doubled as an analyst and as a writer on small in-house projects and always found that I could prepare good system and user documentation since no one had to explain to me what I had to write.

G. Vijayaraghavan (vijayaraghavan_g -at- vsnl -dot- net)

From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:02:54 -0500

In my experience, the software development life cycle proceeds merrily

apace with little or no input from or consideration of technical writers.

"Docs not done??? Give us what you've got, we're shipping anyway."

Mike

---

Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services

Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator

Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert

Office: (262) 694-1028 - Pager: (414) 318-9509 - Fax: (262) 697-6334

Home (262) 694-0932 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com - http://www.writestarr.com