Re: Directions for tomorrow's techwriting

Subject: Re: Directions for tomorrow's techwriting
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai -at- wxs -dot- nl>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:03:18 +0200

-On [20020423 05:45], Lisa Wright (liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net) wrote:
>XML and repository solutions are simply not viable in many
>circumstances, particularly when you have a lone writer or an immature
>organization. Half the writers polled on this list started as lone
>writers.

It is not that hard to set it all up.

Guess I am one of the `old' die hard techwriters on Unix. :)
Used to like *roff for typesetting and nowadays just use DocBook and
stylesheets, and it works nicely in combination with Makefiles, pulling
everything together with teTeX and whatnot.

Once set up, it is easily reused for other assignments.

Best thing, no costs, yet with all the functionality you want [especially
PDF and Postscript].

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven / asmodai / Kita no Mono
asmodai -at- [wxs -dot- nl|xmach.org], finger asmodai -at- ninth-circle -dot- org