WebWorks Publisher - Customization

Subject: WebWorks Publisher - Customization
From: "Bill Wild" <haycrest -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:47:20 -0400

I am evaluating a demonstration version of WebWorks Publisher to see if it is capable of rendering our FrameMaker book into the kind of online help we're looking for. The problem I'm having is with frames and targets. I generated a dynamic html help file with a framed TOC and opened the index file. The toc was in the left frame and the first topic in the right frame. Fine? Great... I tried to customize the navigation tool so that the index and the TOC would be displayed in the left and topics on the right ( using Webworks Publisher's own online help as a guide). I did this, but when I click on an index item, the topic shows up in the left frame! If these limitations are intended to limit the demo version then I understand. If not, then how difficult is it to customize a Webworks Publisher project? It seems as though we may as well code our own help project from scratch. Are there any Webworks veterans out there who can defend or slight the software? I need to know if the full version has more dynamic features than the demo.