RE: Practical Limits of Files Size in MS Word

Subject: RE: Practical Limits of Files Size in MS Word
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:48:38 -0400

Dave Slonosky pointed out:

> The other thing to be careful of is in collaborative projects
> where the
> other person has turned versioning on and either forgot about
> it or hasn't
> told you. I once went nearly nuts trying to figure out why a
> file was 18
> megs in size until I looked at the little yellow papers icon
> in the bottom
> right.

Ouch, yes, there is that. But I've found that revisioning is far more
likely. I've haven't found many people that are aware of versioning, and
those that know about revisioning either love it or hate it.

Cheers ... Kim
mailto:kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com

"Do not meddle in the affairs of technical writers, for your clocks are
digital and flashing 12:00 ... 12:00 ... 12:00 ..."
- me