Layout for test plans?

Subject: Layout for test plans?
From: Michael Oboryshko <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

Anybody know some good tools or techniques for formatting test
plans?

My client is committed to Word for a number of reasons. They
format each test step in a table in a landscape document. This
is actually pretty common for test plans. You know: Test Step,
Expected Result, Actual Result, etc...

I'm no slouch with Word, but still, huge documents full of
tables and section breaks get ugly pretty quick, especially when
they get passed around and repurposed a lot. Is there any new
and better way to do this that I don't know about yet?

Hint: They probably are going to continue using Word, and they
probably aren't going to start using Rational tools.

thanks

http://games.yahoo.com/