Searching for a Font - RESOLVED

Subject: Searching for a Font - RESOLVED
From: "Justin Ressler" <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:18:23 -0600

After many'a helpful hints and tricks from some of the list members...the
situation has been resolved.

The most common theme was "get something close to Gorton"

Unfortunately, our engineers said it had to be exact. It had to be Gorton

Gorton is used primarily (exclusively?) on aircraft panels. It is called
out in a (Last Updated) 1964 Military Specification. On all our AutoCAD
drawings, we use a different font, but tell the engraver to use Gorton.
When we queried where Gorton came from...this was the response we received.

"There is no Gorton Font for AutoCAD. It is a panel font from the old Gorton
engraving machine days. Best to use Technic. It comes up quite close. Make
sure you call out Gorton."

I don't have Technic either, but I bet I can find it.

You would think, that after 40 years, someone would translate Gorton to a
soft font (meaning something available online?).

Thought you Font Hounds (Andrew...are you out there?) might like to know.

Thanks, Justin