Re: Best Practise

Subject: Re: Best Practise
From: Goober TechComm <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

> It's really just a catch-phrase, so you shouldn't
> look for exact
> meanings. You might as well ask for an exact meaning
> for "paradigm," or
> "pushing the envelope," or any of the other
> buzzwords that you've heard
> in the office.

You could always cross-compare it to the brown coffee
stain of quality. *rofl*

> However, were I to apply it to tech-writing, I
> suppose I would mean such
> things as using styles consistently, designing for
> ease of revision, and similar practices.

Ah, but those are only best practices for situations
that demand such. Not all technical writing requires
consistency in style use, revision, or such.

Best practices in tech writing: those that allow you
to keep your job, do excellent work, and make you and
your comapny look good.

http://health.yahoo.com