Re: Table of Contents

Subject: Re: Table of Contents
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 12:28:13 -0400

Use the CreatePDF macro in Word (the Acrobat button in your toolbar) to create PDFs with bookmarks. Then use Acrobat to merge all of the PDFs into a single master document.

The bookmark pane will have the complete TOC as hierarchical links.

That should satisfy your support department.

From: "Carol Peruzzi" <carolpe -at- eastsoft -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 12:29:36 -0400

>Clear DayWe have 25 manuals for our one software product. Our support
>department is requesting that I have a master list of some sort that
>contains every single chapters, subchapters, sub subchapters in each manual
>in one place. I create the manuals in Word 2000 and then convert them to
>pdfs using Acrobat.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas?

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr