RE: "in terms of" vs. "with regard to"

Subject: RE: "in terms of" vs. "with regard to"
From: "Miller, Alan" <Alan -dot- Miller -at- prometric -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:37:26 -0400

Kevin:

If you can't think of a good reason to make a change, why do it? It'll just irritate the original author and make subsequent changes that much more difficult to justify. I don't think it's worth it. In terms of two of my personal thumb-rules, namely number of words and number of letters, it's a wash. You're going from three words to three words and nine letters to twelve. Save it for serious issues with the document (assuming that there may be some).

But then, I'm grumpy today, so YMMV.

Al Miller
"Chief Documentation Curmudgeon"
Thomson Prometric
Baltimore, MD

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr