RE: Common Instruction?

Subject: RE: Common Instruction?
From: Kathy Frost <KFrost -at- Partnerware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:24:10 -0500

Linda Stark wrote:

I don't recall ever having run across this before. Is it common to start
assembly instructions for components of a very large tool with:

1. Locate six screws....
2. Locate two O-rings. Grease them with....
-------
This kind of instruction wouldn't have made it on my first technical writing
job, training manuals. I guess it all depends on the audience and the job.
I promise that, for the Florida Power and Light training manuals, we got a
lot more detailed with the instructions for taking the head off a nuclear
reactor to change out the fuel rods. <g>

Kathy Frost
P.S. I worked at the Turkey Point Power Plant in Homestead, FL. (two fossil
fuel units, two nuclear) I always wondered if the "hurricane tie-downs" we
wrote about to hold the huge cranes in place in the event of a big storm at
actually survived the devestation of Hurricane Andrew. Anyone from down
that way who could tell me if the plant survived? Off line, of course.
(Please answer to KFrost -at- Austin -dot- rr -dot- com, my home address, since I'm getting
laid off on Friday.)

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l