Re: New tool wars! WAS: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"

Subject: Re: New tool wars! WAS: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 06:48:44 -0700 (PDT)

> I too just love fountain pens. I use a couple for everyday - my
> favorite is
> a Lamy $24.95 special that is the best writing pen I have. I also
> use a
> Pilot retractable (it's like a click ballpoint, except it's a
> fountain pen).

I HAD one of those about 10 years ago. Loved it. I don't know that it
was a Pilot, could have been. Then I dropped it on the floor and as I
moved my chair to pick it up, rolled over it and broke it. I was
crushed...come to think of it, we BOTH were.

> I have a couple of very pricey ones (including a Pelikan, an SJ
> Dupont, and
> a Waterman Opera) for more formal occasions such as signing a deed,

Funny story. I was in sales and always used a MBlanc. Was meeting
with a really cool customer at Citibank HQ in NY. He looks at me and
says "I use fountain pens, but only to write important stuff."

Without missing a beat.."But Rich, EVERYTHING you're saying is
important to ME!"

It was the start of a long and lucrative relationship.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I'm not flying...I'm falling with style"
---Buzz Lightyear
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l