Word Tables...again...(Setting a fixed size).

Subject: Word Tables...again...(Setting a fixed size).
From: "Justin Ressler" <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:22:48 -0600

The short of it...

I would like...err...my stubborn customer would like a table size of 7" x
4". I am aware of a way of keeping the table to a set width...is there a
way to set a fixed length?

The long story.

I am writing maintenance requirement cards. The cards must be printed on 7"
x 4" stock. The procedures flow from one card to the next, with "Continued"
or a sequential 12, 12.1, 12.2 numbering scheme. The header information on
the first card is different from the header information on the follow on
cards (making it difficult to "Repeat Header Rows").

The customer is usually pretty agreeable when I come up with a good fix, but
I haven't been able to do that right now. Right now it looks like I am
going to setup two template cards...one for the initial card, and one for
any additional (follow on) cards. This is laborious because I would have to
cut/paste the information from the already existing cards into the new
format. Unfortunately, I would have to copy each of the 10+ fields of the
table into the fields of the new table. I have tried several methods of
cutting a card into the new table...but have been unsuccessful.

Hope this teases your minds a little bit...cause I need a fix. If anyone
needs more details, let me know. Thanks in advance.

(just a little FYI...the current format has been approved several times over
the past 9 months...but recently the customer...who works for an unnamed
federal government...decided that he would like to change the format...just
enough to cause a headache. Oh, and the original format...yeah...he
provided that too.)

Biting his tongue...

Jr.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l