Re: Word Tables...again...(Setting a fixed size).

Subject: Re: Word Tables...again...(Setting a fixed size).
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:50:12 -0700

Justin Ressler wrote:

> I am writing maintenance requirement cards. The cards must be printed on 7"
> x 4" stock. The procedures flow from one card to the next, with "Continued"
> or a sequential 12, 12.1, 12.2 numbering scheme. The header information on
> the first card is different from the header information on the follow on
> cards (making it difficult to "Repeat Header Rows").

I've printed 3x5 index cards. Just set your page size to the size you want--your table will flow from page to page.

You ought to be able to use the "different first page" feature to get headers the way you want. If you mean table headings, just have one table on the first 7x4 page, then a single table that spans any following pages.

Maybe the first page could have "fake" table headings, using the header; the remaining pages could use "real" table headings (so you can take advantage of the repeating feature) and no header.

Anyway, you should be able to get what you described with a little experimentation.

Good luck.

--David

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

Now with fully integrated cross-references, target frames and windows,
multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries, and more!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l