RE: Reporting indecent spam

Subject: RE: Reporting indecent spam
From: Jennifer Maitland <jlm -at- kwi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:21:43 +0100

Yeah, I've been getting some weird mails on this work email account (which
is brand new - I've never given it out to anyone) as well as on my personal
acccount (which is more understandable considering that's the one I use for
signing up for anything). I always delete them and my virus check must be
doing its job cause my system is clean.

Anyone have a clue about this spam? I am in no way pointing any fingers at
the list owners, I do trust that they keep my information in confidence. I
as well have gotten a few viruses, lots of crap spam. Unfortunately I
haven't received any porn, but there's always hope.

My home computer, which is used by four others, has definitely got a virus.
I get emails from "it" in my personal account that have come from my
flatmates email addresses, though the flatmates themselves haven't sent the
messages. The messages contain attachments that I don't open. The subject
lines are often "some questions" "IE 6.0 patch" and "a very funny game".
Anyone else experienced this? I'm imagining it's some sort of worm virus.

Anyway, that's all from here.

-Jennifer Maitland

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l