Re: Motivation - Update

Subject: Re: Motivation - Update
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:04:57 -0700 (PDT)

> Most of the replies on this mailing list are polite. What makes me
> angry is
> that some people on this list go out of their way to be rude. Why?
> I have
> seen this happen a couple times on the list. There is no point in
> being
> rude. If are grumpy, don't respond to an email. If you want to give
> positive cristisim, then do so. But don't be rude.

You are sending a question, an opinion or a viewpoint to a community
of almost 5,000, each of them also has things going on in their
lives, and each of them is going to interpret what they read based on
their feelings, their position on issues, and what is happening to
them in their lives right up to the point of reading the post. Just
like any community, if you cannot handle the fact that not everyone
is going to respond in a way that you would like, then .....well, I
dunno.

I know of no way to present myself to that many people without geting
back something I'd rather not. I have a feeling that this post will
be no exception.

I like to post here to get a wide range of opinions and approaches...
I know I'll get a wide range of inputs in a wide range of forms and
formats. Sometimes I like the response that I get and sometimes I
don't. The ones I don't, they help me see sides to an issue that I
hadn't thought of...sometimes to see the part that is of value, I
know I need to run it through various mental "filters" and for those
who have been here a long time, "filters" that I've developed
particularly for them. To me, those responses are more valuable then
the ones that are aligned with my thinking.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I'm not flying...I'm falling with style"
---Buzz Lightyear
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l