RE: Need tips on reducing Word file size

Subject: RE: Need tips on reducing Word file size
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:02:59 -0400

What I do when I notice this happening is "Select All, Copy", close the original file, then open a new blank document, then "Paste". I've regularly seen the file size drop from 5 megs to 1 meg, with no content lost! This is possibly the single most annoying WORD idiocyncracy, IMO! All that bloating regularly crashes WORD for me. I've learned to "save as" instead of "save" every time, but it still happens sporatically.

At 08:44 AM 6/5/02 -0400, Spreadbury, David C. wrote:

...the resulting file was much
smaller, depending on how much excess baggage the file was carrying around.
It might be worth trying.

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."
(Romans 12:18)

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l