Re: GUI design book recommendations?

Subject: Re: GUI design book recommendations?
From: "Chuck Martin" <twriter -at- sonic -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:43:32 -0700

I have many books on design, and some are favorites (already mentioned). But
I got a new book yesterday, just published, that looks like it's going to be
a valuable resource:

"Interaction Design - Beyond Human-Computer Interaction," by Preece, Rogers,
and Sharp.

This is a textbook, though, not a mass-market book. From what I've skimmed
through so far, it looks like it hits many important areas in an accessible
way. (If it really is as good as it looks, I might propose teaching a class
on the subject at the local college.)

One book I havne't seen mentioned is Donald A. Norman's "The Design of
Everyday Things."

news:156084 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l