Re: Line vs. queue...

Subject: Re: Line vs. queue...
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:34:25 -0400

> Bonnie Granat wrote:
>
> > In American telephony software such as that produced by my last
employer, of
> > course, the waiting line for a telephone agent *is* called a queue...
>
> A queue is a common data structure used on many programming languages.
> In networking, not limited to telephony, the routers use queues as
> buffers.

Aha. Yes, I was surprised when I first saw "queue" in end-user
documentation, but I soon realized that it took a lot of pressure off
"line," which is asked to perform amazing feats.

> On a personal note, yes you will work again. From what I have seen, you
> certainly have the ability. Hang in there, some lucky company will grab
> you.

I do hope you're right, Peter. Thanks for the encouragement.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.editors-writers.info

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l