Re: Stuck with Grammar

Subject: Re: Stuck with Grammar
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:21:19 -0800

Another caution on the rewording.

If there are multiple volumes that can be accessed for
the transaction, some of them may not have the ability
to be invoiced. One doesn't want to have a user select,
for a transaction, a volume that cannot be invoiced.

If this is the case, then the best solution is to go
back to the developers and have them prevent a user
from being able to select a volume that cannot be
invoiced, thereby preventing the need for this quandary!

Check with the SME to determine the reason for the
precise wording used. It could be that the wording
is accurate and precisely what is intended. Now you
just need to translate it, without losing it's intent.

CB

Fight bad grammar, change the wording.
Prevent bad grammar, change the software.
Along the vein of:
Fight crime, shoot back. Prevent crime, shoot first.

--
Surfy! http://www.surfy.com Great web search, free web email, and $9.95 unlimited Internet access