Re: Custom size PDF from Word

Subject: Re: Custom size PDF from Word
From: "Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:40:58 -0400

It seems you have one of two problems and I can't quite see which one from your e-mail.
1. You can't create a PDF with a page size of 5.5 x 8.5
2. You can create a PDF with a page size of 5.5 x 8.5 but when you attempt to print it the text comes out of the printer centered on the 8.5 x 11 physical page.

For #1, try this. It's the procedure I use to create non-standard size PDF from Word (Word 97, Acrobat 5, Windows 98se).

Open Acrobat Distiller and set your job options.
Create your Word document.
Make the PDF
1. Select File>Print
2. Choose acrobat Distller as your printer
3. Click Properties
4. Select Custom for paper size and click Custom
5. Enter Custom Papersize
6. Click Apply
7. Click OK
8. Click OK

You should now have a PDF with a custom page size.

For #2 try this (Acrobat 5, Windows 98se, Ricoh Aficio 551 and HP 4000 somtime Ricoh Fiery PostScript):
To print your PDF on 8.5 x 11 paper so that your page appears in the upper left hand coner (making it easier to trim your pages)
>From Acrobat select File>Print
Uncheck Shrink oversized pages to paper size & Auto-Rotate and center pages.
Click OK

Your PDF will print with your "page" in upper left hand corner of the 8.5 x 11 sheet.

If this isn't clear I'll write up a better procedure with screen shots and all, but I'm pretty busy this week so it won't be till next that it would be ready.

HTH,

-Greg

Lajerid - Creeaght - Diarail

>>> Shannon Luce <Shannon -dot- Luce -at- GE-interlogix -dot- com> 06/11/02 12:36PM >>>

I posted this on another list and got a few responses; however, none of them
helped. They all recommended setting Distiller's print settings to the
correct size, which we have done....

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l