Extreme Programming (was RE: Why Lurk?)

Subject: Extreme Programming (was RE: Why Lurk?)
From: "Lorraine Kiewiet" <Lorraine -dot- Kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:25:12 -0700

Did I miss a thread about Extreme Programming?
I delete my digest every day, and did not read any of the "Why lurk?"
thread. But I AM interested in Extreme Programming!
I read the book last year, and when the subject of "user stories" came
up at my recent job interview, I mentioned XP. The interviewer (the CIO)
had not read it and asked for the biblio info. Next week, when I
returned for the second interview, I find out that he's assigned it as
required reading for the programming staff!

I got the job, but have not yet revealed to the programmers that I was
sort of responsible for turning their boss on to this book. While I'm
not a programmer and never will be, the values and principles of the
programming group are very important to me, since we have to work so
closely.

Cheers,
--Lorraine

Lorraine Kiewiet
Senior Technical Writer
(213) 488-8728
lorraine -dot- kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com

MULLIN CONSULTING, INC.
A Member Firm of M Financial Group - Securities offered through M
Holdings Securities, Inc., a Registered Broker Dealer, Member NASD/SIPC
Los Angeles - Chicago - New York - Minneapolis
Headquarters: 644 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017 Tel:
(213) 488-8500 Fax: (213) 624-0850
www.mullinconsulting.com

The materials are designed to convey accurate and authoritative
information concerning the subject matter covered. However, they are
provided with the understanding that Mullin Consulting, Inc. does not
engage in the practice of law, or give legal, accounting or asset
allocation advice. For advice in these areas please consult your
appropriate advisors.

Subject: RE: Why Lurk?
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:45:09 +0100

Susan W. Gallagher
>And thanks, Jane & Arlen, for the straight
>skinny on the expression "Parthian shot".
>Interesting!

Next week: Pyrrhic victories in Extreme Programming environments.
Plus: Dot-Coms - How to work with the Sword of Damocles over your head.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l