RE: Out of Work Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Out of Work Tech Writers
From: "Stevenson, Rebecca" <Rebecca -dot- Stevenson -at- workscape -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:45:54 -0400

I was out of work for 4 months too, so don't get discouraged. I find Dick's response kind of funny, though, because I was listening to two unemployed acquaintances last night talking about their own search experiences. Both mentioned that they weren't sure what kind of job they wanted; I was silently glad to have a chosen profession, which to my mind narrows the options usefully. If you're not sure what you want, IMO it's hard to go after it with conviction.

All perspective, I suppose.... :-)

Rebecca

* * *

Dick advised:

Suzanne,

<snip>

In short, as I've said here before, you are not a technical writer. You
are a person who wants to do technical writing for a living. Concentrate
more on the person part and less on the tech writing part. Do something
else for a while. You might like it. In any case, it's going to be more
satisfying than beating your head against closed doors.

Dick

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l