RE: Procedures (OK and cancel)

Subject: RE: Procedures (OK and cancel)
From: Salo Karina <Karina -dot- Salo -at- comptel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:44:49 +0300

Thanks for all the good comments! As always, there were at least two
conflicting opinions about this matter, and I will present all the good
reasons for and against in our next group meeting. I think we can create a
nice debate about this (too).
Personally, I think Eric's suggestion was good. After the procedure I could
put a short note saying what clicking Cancel does.
The UI is pretty easy to use and I'm not expecting many people to actually
read the Help, and if somebody reads only one page of it because of a
particularly tricky procedure, I think Cancel should probably be explained
every time it appears. I don't think the users will read the "Introduction
to the user interface"-section of the Help where the Cancel-button would be
explained.
Thanks again,
Karina