RE: Sharepoint, Anyone?

Subject: RE: Sharepoint, Anyone?
From: "Lorraine Kiewiet" <Lorraine -dot- Kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:32:06 -0700

I used SharePoint for 3 months at my last contract job. The neat thing
about it is that you can do keyword searches for items. That is, you
don't have to try to understand somebody else's folder hierarchy and
naming conventions to find something. On the downside, we had trouble
getting others to contribute to the SharePoint repository because the
interface for contributing an item has a lot of options that (I think)
intimidate people. But those of us who did use it liked the
check-in/check-out features, and the option to be automatically notified
when someone added a new item.

Xerox's DocuShare (not free) has a great searching feature, and it is
much easier to use. (Xerox did invent GUI after all.)

FWIW,
--Lorraine

Lorraine Kiewiet
Senior Technical Writer
(213) 488-8728
lorraine -dot- kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com

MULLIN CONSULTING, INC.
A Member Firm of M Financial Group - Securities offered through M
Holdings Securities, Inc., a Registered Broker Dealer, Member NASD/SIPC
Los Angeles - Chicago - New York - Minneapolis
Headquarters: 644 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017 Tel:
(213) 488-8500 Fax: (213) 624-0850
www.mullinconsulting.com

The materials are designed to convey accurate and authoritative
information concerning the subject matter covered. However, they are
provided with the understanding that Mullin Consulting, Inc. does not
engage in the practice of law, or give legal, accounting or asset
allocation advice. For advice in these areas please consult your
appropriate advisors.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l