RE: TOOLS: Convert HTML to PDF, maybe with HTMLDOC?

Subject: RE: TOOLS: Convert HTML to PDF, maybe with HTMLDOC?
From: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:19:17 -0400

Joyce, I am not sure from your email if your PDF generation from HTML is a one-off job or something you want users to be able to do on the fly.

If you need dynamic generation, then you can use iText, a free set of classes from http://www.lowagie.com/iText/. Combine this class with servlet filters and you have a pretty powerful PDF/HTML generation tool.

It runs on JRun (which is how I use it) or any J2EE server.

I am in no way affiliated with iText, but I work on JRun.

Matthew Horn
Sr. Technical Writer
< m a c r o m e d i a >