RE: Inventive Documentation [was Re: Let's hear it for Connie...( or, go and do likewise...)]

Subject: RE: Inventive Documentation [was Re: Let's hear it for Connie...( or, go and do likewise...)]
From: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:25:23 -0400

Megan asks:
>>what are some inventive ways you've used/seen to document something?

Get the users to do it.

We have started doing something called "livedocs" that lets users add comments and code samples to our manuals and then share this new content instantly with other users. And it runs on our own products.

Maybe a shameless plug, but you can see it in action at http://livedocs.macromedia.com

At the bottom of every page, the user can click "Add New Comment" and voila. Instant feedback. Plus, since it's a website, we can track usage and user paths.

Matthew Horn
Sr. Tech Writer
< m a c r o m e d i a >

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l