RE: STC backstabbing? (Take II)

Subject: RE: STC backstabbing? (Take II)
From: mgmiller -at- goodwriter -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:21:33 -0700

>The good feelings you are rewarded with come not from the STC, but from
your personal involvement.<

Goober, they're one and the same! Geoff *is* STC, so am I, and so are
you if
you're a member. STC is a non-profit organization, it is what we make it,
it's not the sort of organization where you stand outside the front door
with your hand out, just because you paid your share of the
administrative
costs.

During 15 years in STC, my membership benefits have fluctuated depending
on
my involvement. I guess if I was looking just for $120 worth of
publications
and quality meeting topics, I might feel cheated sometimes, too. I can
tell
you that our chapter employment networking alone is worth the price of
admission, and that's a result of volunteer efforts, funded by a
portfion
of the fee rebates the chapter receives annually from the Society office.

As for the backstabbers in STC, I've learned that if you wait long
enough,
those irritants gradually disappear - sort of like this list.

Marlene, who is not a nambly-pambly do-gooder but someone who knows a
good
deal when she sees it

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l