Re(2): Content Management

Subject: Re(2): Content Management
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:11:58 +0200

>Have you ever tried to get a group of people to start using a system like
>this? To simply believe that if you put all the docs in this system so
>that they HAVE to use it to access them is, from my experience, naive.
>Ain't gonna happen.
>
>People want to find the info. But they don't want to learn a new way to
>find it. And to have some intern tell them they HAVE to will create
>resistance. Serious resistance.

I completely agree with these points. Just an addition: People are not
merely resistant to new system out of lazyness and spite, they are wary
of them because the system may not properly support their processes.

And if the DMS or CMS is introduced as Matthew suggested - unmodified out
of the box - it is very likely that many processes won't be supported. It
is not without reason that a major part of introducing such systems in
the real world usually involves organizational issues and customization
of the system.

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l