manuals _do_ matter

Subject: manuals _do_ matter
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

Just an example of why manuals actually do matter (contrary to what some may believe). In California, there are cameras that monitor the streets and take pictures when you run a red light. The program was halted for (I think) more than 2 months because of a typo in the manuals. Now that I think about it, it's easy to find instances where mistakes in the manual mess things up for the users, but what about when good manuals actually HELP people.....mmmmm

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

"Whatever you do, do NOT let your editorial decisions be made by the squiggly spell-checking lines in Word!" ~Keith Cronin, Techwr-l irritant ;-)

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email -at- yourgroup -dot- org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l