RE: Further education required?

Subject: RE: Further education required?
From: Jennifer Maitland <jlm -at- kwi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:23:41 +0100

"--What should I do to make myself marketable in terms of furthering my
education?
--What should I know besides HTML to make myself marketable...?"

What about advertising yourself as a strong content provider? There are a
ton of technologies and applications out there that you can take night
courses on, and I do advocate it. But these things are fairly easily learned
and nothing compared to being a strong writer who can create a kickass
website with really good content. Yes, learn Javascript and Flash, but
content is king these days. As a combined web designer/flash nut/tech
writer, I find my marketability is that I can make a site that looks amazing
and actually says something - clearly and in an interesting way.

As well, if you haven't taken courses on usability then I'd really suggest
it - when I added "usability advisor" to my CV last year I got about 25%
more calls for jobs.

Good luck!

Jennifer

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l