RE: any printing experts?

Subject: RE: any printing experts?
From: "Michelle Coffey" <michelle -dot- coffey -at- EPSIIA -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:40:14 -0500

Jennifer Wrote:

> I sent the PDF to a woman on a different floor for review - she
> is not using
> the same printer as me. It is an 84 page book which prints fine on my
> printer. However, on her printer, it stops at page 24 and won't print
> anymore. I've looked at page 25 and can't see anything special about it. I
> fiddled around with my Distiller settings and PDF'd again, and again, it
> prints out fine on my printer but still not hers.

Check the version of Acrobat Reader she is using. We had this issue at our
office with a manual I created with Framemaker and saved as PDF with
Distiller. Viewing varied between Acrobat Reader 4.0 and 5.0 (we didn't
attempt to print - will test this later today). I still haven't tackled
this issue, but will let you know if I find a fix.

This, or the print server she is using would be the first items I'd
investigate. If the print server isn't "robust" enough - it might not be
able to handle a large PDF.

Hope this helps.

Michelle Coffey
Technical Writer