Goober's Work Party (parody)

Subject: Goober's Work Party (parody)
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:35:56 -0700 (PDT)

[This is a parody. I use SnagIt regularly and highly
recommend it. I just found the story in the
Announcements e-mail very cheesy in an amusing way,
and, well, I was inspired.]

STORY: Goober at the Work Party

At the work party, the words, "So, I needed to make
some screen captures ..." drifted across the room.
Goober smoothly maneuvered over to the man who uttered
them, and was stationed at his elbow before he
completed his sentence.

"Why the heck are you talking about screen captures at
a party?" Goober interjected. "And what's with the
Ginger Ale? Here's a Sam Adams Lite. Ahh-Oooooo!
A-wooo!!! Yeah! Yeah! YEAH!!!"

"I think you've had enough." the manager answered.
"Don't you realize the investors are here as well?
You're going to lose the funding for us if you don't
shut up!"

Goober groaned.

"Now, about them screen captures..." the manager
continued, turning his back on Goober, who was now
trying to get his bottom lip unstuck from inside the
Sam Adams Lite bottle.

Goober suppressed a smile, thinking of how ridiculous
that conversation was getting. After all, this was a
PAR-TAY!

"Have you heard of SnagIt? I use it. It's cool. You
should try it. Now c'mon man, CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!" As
Goober spoke, the room stilled. From every corner of
the room, cow-orkers halted mid-sentence in order to
behold this charismatic buffoon. A rather glamorous
colleague (or so he thought, as Goober's beer goggles
were quite thick and tinted by then) appeared at his
side and slipped her arm into his. "This one's all
mine!" a voice not unlike John Goodman's bellowed out.
The manager's amused expression prompted Goober to
continue.

"Check it out, man! [hiccup] I'm the life of the
party! Wooooooo!!! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!" he yelled as he
spun around in circles, finally flopping on the floor
like a wet throw rug.

The manager asked him to write his name down so he'd
remember it. Goober fielded some razzing questions
from the crowd. A few workers skittered away early in
order to go photocopy their privates and toilet paper
the CEO's Hum-V.

The beautiful yet hefty coworker whispered in his ear,
"Man, you're just a sloppy mess." then threw him to
the ground once more.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l