RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers
From: Daniel -dot- Glovier -at- ubsw -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:20:29 -0400

Letoured,

Your last two replies to Jan and Cindy come off a bit hostile, and a bit arrogant. This is a list where questions are answered, information is distributed, and support given to comrades in words. Last time I checked, this isn't a forum for touting one industry over another.

Now, we all have a variety of circumstances we are trying to overcome, and we all do our best at it. You included. Just because you are given the luxury of generous schedules does not mean that your way is the correct way. The correct way is the one that produces the best possible documentation for the situation given.

And for the last time, slow does not equate with careful. Slow is a measurement of pace. Careful is a measurement of accuracy. They are not mutually inclusive, nor are they mutually exclusive.

Now, if you're stating that your manuals require much more study, research, and time than your average software manual, then that is your "normal" pace. I am sure that even in your industry that there are slow and fast "flavors" of writers. And I'm sure some writers who are more accurate than others, with you apparently leading the way.

I'm glad that you're stoked about your industry and your talents, but do not make sweeping assessments on the talents and skills of others. It does you an injustice.

-Dan
"Genius late is genius lost." - Me

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
related financial instruments.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l