Re: Part-time or Contractor

Subject: Re: Part-time or Contractor
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:45:38 -0700

Jesse Wenger wrote:

REQUEST
I am currently in a position to accept a part-time position or work as an
independent contractor for an engineering company contract by contract.
Please tell me which arrangement is a more intelligent decision.

The answer depends on your priorities.

If your main concern is to establish yourself in the field, then the engineering company work will probably further your goals more.

However, if what matters to you is comfort or convenience, or if you have to juggle work with other concerns, such as a family, then the part-time position sounds as though it's more suitable.

There's no objective right answer - just what is best for you personally.

"Your working day is passing slowly
and you're thinking on the evening time
and we're running wild through your city
all your working days have passed us by."
- Mick Fitzgerald, "All Our Trades are Gone"

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l