Re: Any printing experts?

Subject: Re: Any printing experts?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:55:04 -0700

Hart, Geoff wrote:

A very
common printing problem involves printers with inadequate memory that choke
on the files that have been sent to them, and one solution is to simply
print the file in chunks.

An even commoner error in Windows: the printer has plenty of memory, but the driver is still set to the much lower factory default. In this situation, only the amount of memory set in the driver is used.

I don't know why Window printer drivers work this way - only that they do. However, I know that Linux drivers don't, so I suspect that it may be custom rather than necessity.

"Your working day is passing slowly
and you're thinking on the evening time
and we're running wild through your city
all your working days have passed us by."
- Mick Fitzgerald, "All Our Trades are Gone"

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l