Newbie Word Question

Subject: Newbie Word Question
From: "Evan Martin" <evan -dot- martin -at- garvin-allen -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:26:41 -0300

Here's one that most Word users should be able to help me with.

I am in the process of reformatting/reorganizing our documentation and I
have a question about inserting images or screenshots into Word documents.

Is there any advantage of inserting the image as an object and linking to
the file itself? The only advantage that I've noticed is that you can then
double-click the image and edit it.

I have been putting screenshots in by using Insert > Picture > From File.
This seems to embed the image within the document and I don't need to store
the original image. Is this common practice?

Any input or opinon is appreciated.

Evan Martin