Re: System for tracking active/redundant graphics in a doc set?

Subject: Re: System for tracking active/redundant graphics in a doc set?
From: "Lin Sims" <linda -dot- sims -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:06:25 -0400

Go to Bruce Fosters' FrameMaker plugin page and purchase his
Archive plugin. It's shareware, $20, and well worth the money. Since it
copies only the graphics that are actually used in your Frame book,
anything it doesn't copy is redundant/unused, making it easy to figure
out which ones you don't need anymore.

Description of the plugin:

Copies a book to an archive directory and gathers all
documents, referenced graphics, and text insets for that book into the
archive directory. All references in the archived book are relative and
point to documents, graphics, and text insets under the archive
directory.

http://www.frameexpert.com/plugins/brucefoster.html

Good luck.

On 17 Jul 2002 at 14:59, Hart, Rowena wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if any of you have an effective
> process for tracking active/redundant graphics
> in a doc set.
>
> We have over 400 graphics. These graphics were
> created over several years during five or more
> releases. Over time, we have lost track of which
> graphics are actively used and which are redundant.
>
> I'd like to find some method for tracking graphic
> usage from release to release. For example, if
> someone deletes a graphic from FrameMaker, we
> would like to identify that graphic as redundant
> in VSS.
Lin Sims

Of course I'm willing to take 'No' for an answer, so long as 'No' was the
answer I was looking for.