Re: Average Hours Worked

Subject: Re: Average Hours Worked
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:37:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> So if I love to write I should be happy putting in
> 80
> hours a week in exchange for payment for 40 hours a
> week? I don't think so.

No. You just answered your own question Goober boy.
You are only willing to give 40 hrs a week to an
employer. As such you should seek employment in
organizations that are basically in-line with this
desire.

The downside of this, is that some jobs will not be
within your reach because there is an expectation that
you will work more than 40 hrs per week.

> I love what I do, and I'm
> told
> I'm damn good at it. Compensation is why I'm
> working,
> otherwise I'd be doing it for free. In the end,
> stripping out all surrounding factors, whether you
> are
> employee or contractor, you are providing a service.

Exactamundo! And you are compensated for getting the
job done, not just showing up and filling a chair. If
a plumber comes over and says "have it done in an
hour" and it takes him four hours - a reputable and
reasonable plumber would only charge one hour
(assuming there was not some massive change in the
work expected).

Andrew Plato

http://health.yahoo.com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l